Comprehensive Residential Treatment
Our residential services stand apart from other programs in that we offer a comprehensive treatment approach. Our residential services include the following treatment components:
- 24-hour supervision by enthusiastic and dedicated staff specially trained to work with youth with behavioral and emotional needs
- All basic daily needs are met in a culturally responsive manner including medical, education, clothing, money and allowances, and nutrition.
- Weekly Individual and Family Therapy by licensed clinicians
- Daily Group Therapy led by licensed clinicians, behavior care specialists and nursing staff
- Milieu Therapy
- Recreation Therapy with frequent therapeutic, vocational, leisure and community based activities
- Structural Family Therapy
- Behavior Modification
- Individual therapies may include specialty treatment protocols by which the clinicians are trained including Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Play Therapy, and Sex Specific Therapy.
- Advocacy and referral services to support youth and families and connect them with resources in the community
- Individualized treatment planning and case management services using a strengths based approach to maximize success for youth
- Creative treatment techniques to meet the unique needs of children with various behavioral and psychiatric needs
- Comprehensive Psychiatric Services, including evaluation, diagnosis, crisis intervention and prevention, medication evaluation, and management
- On-site access to Comprehensive Professional Medical Health Care Services, including routine medical care, vision, dental, and emergency medical care
- High staff to child ratios
- A structured daily program
- Weekend Family Time at home is encouraged and supported when appropriate
- Year round Education on site
- Independent living, employment and vocational preparation skills training
- Discharge planning that begins at the time of admission
- Follow up on youth after discharge to assist with engagement in aftercare treatment. Our team goes to great lengths to ensure a smooth transition and encourage continuity of care.
Our approach to treatment is multidisciplinary, individualized and strength based. Support from a multitude of sources to the resident and family will increase the motivation, participation and effectiveness of treatment.